ActiveRain is one of the most popular networking sites in the world for real estate professionals.
Because of it's intimacy, with under a half million participants, could that make ActiveRain vulnerable to scams and hoaxes designed to compromise the personal information of it's members ?
We already know that there are tons of malicious applications (malware) lying in wait like trap door spiders ready to pounce on victims in survey scams or other browser-participant sources.
And targeting of millions of mobile devices by filthy hackers.
Two dirty malicious programs known to be embedded in survey browsers, capable of downloading in stealth-fashion, are known as Botpanda and Spyera.
These are dangerous programs that allow criminals to access data on your mobile device, from anywhere.
- Spyera, a Hong Kong software development company, can record your mobile calls.
- Botpanda is dangerous and allows the criminal access to information on your mobile device.
(I would caution you not to download any removal tools from these links unless you understand what you're doing and trust the sources !)
BotPanda also runs on Android-based devices and allows criminals complete control of the device from anywhere on the web.
It's hidden so it's detection and obliteration is tough to carry out without a pro.
- It'll spy on your dealings and proceedings performed by your mobile device, including your laptop.
- And it'll record your phone calls.
If you own a mobile device here are some things you can do to be safe.
- Install an anti-virus tool that you can trust and keep it updated.
- Be extremely careful about the apps you're installing.
- Research every app that you’re interested in downloading.
- Read reviews and research what others are saying.
- You want to be safe !
- Stay away from surveys and browser-deployed apps that don't originate from trusted sources.
- Check with Bob Stewart or any ActiveRain official if you have questions about an ActiveRain-supported app or survey.
- Search the internet for news about every app.
- Do not download an app that hasn't been tested and wait to see how others feel about it and whether or not they consider it safe.
- I never use my mobile device to transact any financial business with my bank or anyone else,
- NEVER !!!
- I couldn't give a damn about what banks say about the safety of their apps in their ads ! They can be compromised !
- Be vigilant and extremely careful about who and what you trust on the internet at all times !!!
I originally uploaded this post at about 11:40 CST 11/12/2013.
Five minutes later, the netbook I posted with was hit with a
DOS (denial of service) attack!
It took me 50 minutes to log back on with the netbook that I posted this blog entry with !
Please be advised that:
The information and notices contained in this blog are intended to summarize recent developments and news. The posts are presented as general research and information. These posts are not intended, nor should be regarded, as legal advice. Some blog posts concern allegations made in civil lawsuits and in criminal indictments in United States Courts. All persons are presumed innocent until convicted of a crime and proven guilty. Readers who have particular questions or who believe that they need legal counsel should seek the advice of a qualified attorney. It is neither the editor's or author's intention to create a confidential relationship or any broker-client relationship via communication from this site at any time. Please consult with your state real estate board if questions & answers in the education section conflict with the laws of your region or if you need clarification regarding their applicability or how they may govern the services that you provide.
By entering this web site, you understand the following:
When you select a link to an outside Web site, you are subject to the privacy, copyright, security, and information quality policies of that Web site. David Saks:
1.DOES NOT control or guarantee the accuracy, legality, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of information contained on a linked Web site;
2.DOES NOT endorse linked Web sites, the views they express, or the products/services they offer unless linked web sites, the views they express, or the products/services they offer endorse or support David Saks in accordance with the standards of the Tennessee Real Estate Commission and the Federal Government's laws regarding commerce and the application, solicitation and transmission of internet-related concerns, commerce or social networking;
3.CANNOT authorize the use of copyrighted materials contained in linked Web sites;
4.IS NOT responsible for transmissions users receive from linked Web sites;
5. That DavidSaks.Com is biographical & real estate related. Some links within will leave this site.
6. http://activerain.com/profile/davidsaks is internet-compliant & abides by the rules & regulations of the Tennessee Real Estate Commission, Eve Maxwell, Executive Director.
7. Unless indicated otherwise, ActiveRain does offer listings, or IDX and is provided for licensed salespersons, brokers, buyers & sellers of real property as a community & professional service.
8. David Saks is a retired / licensed real estate broker in the State of Tennessee, license #290452, and an independent contractor.
9. Information is believed to be accurate, but not guaranteed, at any realty link or document connected to the World Wide Web & viewable by anyone connected to the internet who has a web browser.
10. Brokers, buyers, sellers, agents & anyone should independently verify any information prior to submitting any offer to purchase goods & services from any link.
11. Please Visit The American Real Estate Alliance or Memphis.8k.Com for additional information regarding property issues for real estate professionals and consumers.
Before you even think about committing a real estate crime
click this red button.
"Information generated by the Department of Justice is in the public domain and may be reproduced, published or otherwise used without the Department’s permission. Citation to the Department of Justice as the source of the information is appreciated, as appropriate."
© All Rights Reserved.
Department of Justice Legal Policies
Click "HERE" For Today's Question
David Saks Show
University of Memphis
Mr.Saks' participation in ActiveRain ended April 13, 2015.
His blog archives will remain online.
May God bless you.